OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTOR AWARD
The Outstanding Contributor Award (OCA) is an award presented by the Economic Generator Network (EGN) to an individual, group of individuals or organization that makes significant contributions to building the foundation for economic growth in Northern Michigan. The EGN (Economic Generator Network Inc.) is a non-profit organization made up of Northeast Michigan citizens and organizations who have a shared goal of continually improving the economic vitality of Northeast Michigan citizens by solving product-related problems for people around the world.
The OCA not only recognizes the recipient(s) but also comes with a cash award of $15,000 to be used as the recipient wishes.
- The OCA is presented Annually
- Nominations may be made throughout the year
- Nominations may be made for an individual or a group
- The EGN Board of Directors is the deciding entity on award recipient
- Only the recipient will be announced, nominees will not
- A group or individual may be nominated in more than one year, but nominations will not be carried over from (year to year or round to round)
- Nominators will be informed if their nomination is not selected
- The nomination deadline for the 2023 award is April 30, 2024, and a decision will be made by May 31, 2024.
- Name and contact information of nominator
- Name and contact information of nominee
- Please answer the following questions about the nominee
- What significant impact has the nominee had on building the foundation for economic growth in Northern Michigan? Please be as detailed and specific as possible.
- Include information such as history of impact, number of people impacted, future projections, data, et
- Submit Application Form
For more information contact: Tom Berriman, Executive Director
Previous OCA Winners
2022: Alpena High School FIRST Robotics Team 5505
Alpena High School Wildcat FIRST Robotics Team 5505 was the recipient of the Outstanding Contributor Award, which comes with a cash award of $15,000.
“Team 5505 is deserving of the Outstanding Contributor Award because of their perseverance toward rebuilding after the impacts of COVID, providing students with hands-on learning experiences that promote innovation”, said Jackie Krawczak, Public Relations Chair of the EGN. “The Economic Generator Network is proud to have Team 5505 part of the Northeast Michigan Community and looks forward to their future successes”, added Krawczak.
Photo: Jackie Krawczak presents the award to APS Superintendent, David Rabbideau
2023: Industrial Arts Institute
The Industrial Arts Institute (IAI) was the recipient of the Outstanding Contributor Award for their excellence in welding education and workforce development, which comes with a cash award of $15,000.
“It was an honor to receive this award today”, said Executive Director Tamara Ward. “We are proud to offer a unique program that prepares our students for the high-demand skilled trades industry in our region and beyond”.
PHOTO (L TO R): Jackie Krawczak (IAI Board of Directors Member), Hannah Sanderson (IAI Board of Directors Member), Rheinhardt Jahn (IAI Board of Directors Secretary/Treasurer), Tom Berriman (Economic Generator Network Executive Director), Tamara Ward (IAI Executive Director), Tom Moran (IAI Board of Directors President), and Jim Rummer (IAI Board of Directors Member)